STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe in the existence of the God of the Bible, who created heaven and earth. The God of Heaven exists in three persons: the Father, the Lord Jesus, and the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14; Ephesians 4:4-6).
We believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Son of God (John 20:30-31). He came to earth, lived sinlessly among men, died on a cross, arose the third day, and ascended back to heaven. We believe He will return to take His kingdom (the church) home to God (1 Corinthians 15:23-26, Ephesians 5:23-27).
We believe that the Bible is inspired of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17), and there is no other creed or doctrine given to man through inspiration since the days of the New Testament (Jude 1:3).
We believe that the purpose of the church is to glorify God by preaching the gospel for the salvation of men (Luke 19:10). All are born without sin or its associated guilt (Ezekiel 18:20), but all eventually become sinners through the exercise of free will (James 1:13-17).
We believe the Bible teaches that sinners are saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-7), which includes:
- Hearing the Gospel and believing in Christ (Mark 16:15-16).
- Repenting of Sin (Acts 2:38; 17:30-31)
- Confessing Jesus as Lord (Matthew 10:32, Romans 10:9-10).
- Being Baptized (immersed) in water to receive remission of sins (Acts 2:38; 22:16);
- Living in accordance to God’s word until death (1 John 1:7; Matthew 10:22).
The church of Christ is locally organized with elders, deacons, preachers, and members as in New Testament times (Acts 14:23, 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Philippians 1:1). There is no Bible authority for any organization or hierarchy for the church other than the local, congregational level.
We emphasize sincere worship in accordance with God’s Word (John 4:24). This includes (and is limited to):
- Observance of the Lord’s Supper every Lord’s Day (Sunday) (Acts 2:42; 20:7; 1 Corinthians 11:17-34);
- Giving as prospered each week (1 Corinthians 16;1-2, 2 Corinthians 9:6-7);
- Praying to God the Father through Jesus (Matthew 6:9-13, Colossians 1:3, 1 Timothy 2:5);
- Congregational, A Capella singing (Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16);
- Preaching/Teaching God’s Word (2 Timothy 4:1-5, Acts 20:7).
We believe that Christians should:
- Love for one other (John 13:34-35; 1 John 4:7-21);
- Live godly lives as defined by Scripture (Titus 2:11-12, 1 Peter 1:15-16);
- Render benevolence to all those in need, but especially those of the household of the faith (James 1:27; Galatians 6:9-10);
- Practice every-member evangelism (Acts 8:4);
- Pursue religious unity by simply following the New Testament pattern and putting aside all human creeds and traditions (John 17:17-23).