We have all had those times when we looked in the mirror and have been unimpressed with what we saw. So here are some simple tips to become much healthier and better looking.
- Want to lose weight? Cast all your heavy cares and worries on the Lord (1 Peter 5:7; Matthew 11:28–30).
- Want beautiful lips? Speak words of encouragement, kindness, and goodness (Hebrews 3:13; Ephesians 4:29; Proverbs 15:4).
- Want gorgeous eyes? Look out for the interests of others, not just yourself (Philippians 2:4).
- Want to improve your vision? Focus on the things that are eternal, not the things that are physical (2 Corinthians 4:16–18).
- Want to hear better? Listen to the words of Christ and act on them (Romans 10:17; Matthew 7:24–27).
- Want great hands? Consistently lift up holy hands to the Lord in prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:17; 1 Timothy 2:8).
- Want nice looking feet? Use them to bring the good news of Christ to others (Romans 10:15).
- Want the most fashionable clothes? Clothe yourself with Christ through baptism (Galatians 3:27).
- Need more exercise? Get up every day to “walk in the light” and run the spiritual race (1 John 1:7; Hebrews 12:1).
- Need more strength? Then become strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might (Ephesians 6:10).
- Want to smell amazing? Then become a sweet aroma and a fragrance of Christ to God and to others (2 Corinthians 2:15–16).
True beauty has little to do with physical looks and everything to do with our spiritual appearance to God. Don’t focus only on the outward appearance, but also on inward beauty (Matthew 23:27). After all, “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain” (Proverbs 31:30). Let’s remember, “The Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart” (1 Samuel 16:7).—Brent Petrillo, Denver Colorado